Healthy Summer Skin How – To.
By: Erica, National Training Manager
Hot, humid days require a little tinkering to our daily skincare regimens. Cleansing is obviously a must, as well as lightweight hydration. This means drinking a lot of H2O and finding the perfect moisturizer for your skin’s needs. Here are some steps I recommend to keeping your skin clear and radiant during these warmer months…
- Water. Lots of it. It’s common knowledge that drinking water is good for you inside and out. We lose a lot of water in warmer temps so it’s a must to take in more and stay hydrated. It also keeps your skin clear and glowing. A little water never hurt anyone.
- Cleansing. Healthy skin starts with cleansing. It prevents breakouts, balances and hydrates. This is the prerequisite to moisturizing.
- Moisturizing. People tend to shy away from moisturizing in warmer temperatures, because they equate it with oily, greasy skin; however, this is definitely not the case. Skipping this essential step can actually lead to an increase in oil production due to the dryness we are causing.
Here’s what I recommend for glowing summer skin –
- Malin+Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser. This amino acid based cleanser thoroughly cleanses without stripping or drying, leaving all skin types perfectly balanced. Grapefruit kills bacteria and is a natural astringent, making this a cleanser and toner in one!
- Malin+Goetz SPF 30 Face Moisturizer in the am. This lightweight moisturizer hydrates while providing broad spectrum protection. Bonus: it serves as an aftershave for men and a makeup primer for women.
- Malin+Goetz Replenishing Face Serum in the pm. This hydrating serum provides a punch of moisturize with a lightweight consistency. We like to describe it as, “a drink of water for the face.” This serum keeps my skin looking dewy and bright year round.